When you think of honey-glazed fried chicken you think of a warm dish with chicken. A chicken dish with sweet and crispy on the outside and juicy as a peach on the inside. You simply do not need to have a special occasion to prepare this dish. This dish will make your day special regardless. Any day of any month of the year is right for you to cook this juicy, sweet yet spicy dish. From this video, we will show how to make 5 yummy fried chicken recipes.
Below I have listed the ingredients. I have written down the process of making the perfect Honey-Glazed Fried Chicken step by step for you.
So let’s get started! First of all, read the ingredient list below and see if you have everything you need for this dish.
Ingredients for Honey-Glazed Fried Chicken
- 2 Tablespoons of Salt
- 3 Tablespoons of Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons of Onion Powder
- 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Powder
- 3 Tablespoons of Paprika
- 2 Tablespoons of Cumin
- 2 Tablespoons of Oregano
- 3 cups of Flour
- 2 Teaspoons of Cayenne
- 8 Chicken Pieces (Drumsticks or Breasts are preferred but you may use what you like)
- 3 Cups of Buttermilk
- Oil of your choice to deep fry the chicken
- Honey to glaze the chicken pieces with
Process to Honey-Glazed Fried Chicken:
- Take 2 tablespoons of salt, 3 tablespoons of pepper, 2 tablespoons of onion powder, 2 tablespoons of garlic powder, 3 tablespoons of paprika, 2 tablespoons of cumin, 2 tablespoons of oregano, 2 Teaspoons of cayenne. Put it in a relatively small bowl in which you can mix all these above-mentioned ingredients.
Step 2 :
- After putting them in a bowl take a fork. Combine all of the above-mentioned ingredients. Now a small spoon would work but a fork is preferred here. A fork can help you with combining all these ingredients evenly and nicely. A fork is more likely to not leave clumps of spices here and there in the mixture as a spoon would. Now that the seasoning is ready, let us get a move on to the actual coating for the chicken.
- Measure three cups of flour. Take the three cups of flour that you have measured and put them in a large bowl.
- Now take the spice mixture that we prepared earlier as seasoning. Put half of the spice mixture into the large bowl containing the three cups of flour. Just like before, take a fork. Mix the flour and the spice mixture well until you see no clumps of spices in the mixture.
- Take the 8 chicken pieces that you have cleaned and prepared. Put the chicken pieces into a large mixing bowl.
- Take half of the prepared spice mixture that we left out without combining it with the flour. Put that on top of the chicken pieces. Take a pair of tongs to coat the chicken with the spice mixture. You can simply use your hands as well. Now when doing this I would like to advise you to not dump the whole mixture of spices all at once. That would surely make a mess. When you try to coat the chicken the spices will get on your counter. It will be a whole other headache to deal with. So rather than dealing with all that, make sure to add the spice mixture in batches. 3 batches will do well in his case.
- After coating the chicken pieces evenly with the mixture, set it aside so we can move onto the next step which is as follows.
- Take the three cups of buttermilk and pour that onto the seasoned chicken pieces that you have prepared moments ago.
- Now take the pair of tongs you used to coat the chicken with the seasoning. Toss and turn the chicken in the buttermilk. Do this until you get a rich and thick orange-colored sauce.
- Now cover this up with a piece of plastic wrap and put it in the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
- You can keep this in the freezer for up to a full twenty-four hours. Keeping it in the freezer for twenty-four hours is actually preferred. (To leave it there twenty-four hours or even leaving it in the freezer overnight will help all the seasoning and the buttermilk to seep in through the skin of the chicken. So season it well to the bone.) But of course, if you are in a hurry then 2 hours will do nearly as well.
- After waiting for 2 hours or twenty-four hours or after leaving the chicken to season in the freezer overnight, take the bowl of chicken out of the freezer. Then remove the plastic wrap you covered the bowl with as well.
- Now take the flour and spice mixture and set that on one side of your counter.
- Put your frying oil into a pan that is deep enough. Put that over the stove or the hotplate and bring the heat up. Keep an eye on the heat because you do not want the oil to be too hot. (That will result in the chicken getting overcooked or even burnt on the outside and it will not be cooked on the inside at all.)
- And if the oil is not hot enough that will simply not cook the chicken the desired way. Too much of the oil will seep through to the insides of the meat.
- Now that the oil is all heated up, take the chicken pieces out of the bowl one by one. Firstly, put each piece in the flour mixture. Coat them well individually. Now take those pieces and coat them again with the leftover seasoning sauce and then again with the flour.
- Now take each piece and gently place it in the oil and be careful not to splatter any hot oil on yourself while doing so.
- Make sure to not overcrowd the pan because overcrowding will decrease the heat of the oil and the chicken will not cook evenly. Be patient.
- Take a pair of tongs and turn the pieces in the pan as necessary.
- Cook the chicken pieces for about 10 to 12 minutes and the heat of the oil should be about 165F or 75C.
- Once the chicken pieces are golden brown and have been in the frying pan for a desirable amount of time, you can now take them out of the pan. Set them on a clean paper towel so that the excess oil is drained into the said paper towel. Repeat the process from Step 16 to Step 21 for all of the 8 pieces of chicken.
- Now take the honey and glaze it over the fried chicken pieces. Let it seep into the skin and let the chicken pieces rest for a bit for it to cool down.
Now your tummy filling oil squeezing Honey-Glazed Fried Chicken is almost done. Serve it
nicely, arranging with the ingredients as per your choice. Enjoy the time with your family and
your beloved ones !!!
Check here Creamy Chicken Cordon Bleu ( +Cheese Sauce )
Follow Our Facebook Page – Click Here
Join Our Facebook Group – Click Here
Go and check my other articles – Click Here