Hello everyone, today I’m going to make homemade donuts. Children and adults alike love to eat sweets. One of our favorite dishes is the donut. They were originally called “fat pies” The early Americans took literally the fact that the treats were fried in oil calling them olykoeks resulting in “fat pies”. The word donut came soon after when a woman would put some nuts in the batter before frying it.
The sugar in donuts helps with concentration and memory. It’s fast, it’s affordable, and it tastes good said Pete Werner owner of fit and firm. A donut can be good after training or something like that where you have to replenish your energy sources, Werner said.
Glazed Homemade Donuts
With that good baked flavor and texture, Donuts from a donut shop are incredibly delicious and indulgent
When you can’t afford your favorite donuts, why not make them at home? Today we dive into homemade donuts fried, sweet, old-fashioned, and comforting. It’s so much fun you can make them from scratch without leaving the comfort of your home.
- Soft and sweet
- Flavored with a little nutmeg
- Completely from scratch
- Ready in about two hours
- A fun and delicious weekend project perfect for sharing
You only need few ingredients to make this Recipe.
- 40ml whole milk
- One tablespoon active dry yeast
- Two large eggs
- 65g granulated sugar
- One teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- One tablespoon unsalted butter
- Quarter teaspoon salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-2 quarts vegetable oil
Prepare the dough for Homemade Donuts
- Prepare the dough. The dough comes with a mixer. You can also make the dough by hand, but it requires some arm muscles.
- Once the dough has been mixed in the bowl, knead for two minutes.
- Let the dough rise. In a warm environment, the dough rises in about 90 minutes. Degas the dough so that the air comes out.
- Roll up and cut into homemade donuts. Roll out dough to half-inch thickness. Cut the donuts with a 3-5inch cookie cutter.
- Line one to two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Place the donuts on the lined baking sheet then lightly cover and let rest while you prepare the oil.
- Prepare the oil. Using a sturdy saucepan and an oil thermometer, heat the oil to 375°F. Now you can place a cooling rack on another baking sheet.
- Fry the donuts. Working with 2-3donuts at a time, cook 1 minute per side. Carefully remove the oil and place it on the prepared rack.
- Repeat with the remaining donuts
- Make the frosting. Dig each hot donut in the frosting and both sides. After about 20 minutes, the frosting will set.
- Line the donuts on some baking sheets, then cover them with a kitchen towel. And let them reset.
- While the oil heats up
- Pour a quart or two of the oil into a heavy-bottomed saucepan or dutch oven
- Stress on the heavy base because this oil heats up. Bake a few donuts at a time about a minute per side. Until golden brown.
Instructions for use
- Prepare the dough beat the hot milk,the baking powder and the sugar in the mixer equipped with a dough hook or sheet hook. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. The mixture should be a little frothy after 5 minutes. If not, start over with the new yeast.
- Add the eggs, butter, vanilla, nutmeg, salt, and two cups of flour.
- Beat on low speed for 1 minute.
- If necessary, scrape down the sides of the container with a rubber spatula.
- Add the remaining flour and beat on medium speed until the dough is compact and comes off the sides of the bowl about 2 minutes.
- If needed add more flour, one tablespoon at a time until the dough falls off the sides of the bowl.
- However, don’t add too much flour. You want a slightly sticky dough. If you don’t have a blender, you can miss this paste with a large wooden spoon or a rubber spatula. Your arm will need muscle.
- Knead the dough. Keep the dough in the blender and beat for another two minutes or knead by hand on a lightly floured surface for two minutes.
- Let the dough rise, lightly grease a large bowl with oil or nonstick spray. Place the dough in a bowl, turning to coat all sides with oil.
- Cover the bowl with aluminum foil, plastic wrap, or a clean kitchen towel. let the dough rise in a relatively warm environment for 1.5-2 hours or until doubled.
- Donut shape, when the dough is done press to release the air. Remove the dough from the bowl and turn it over on a lightly floured surface. If necessary press again to release more air bubbles.
- With the help of a rolling pin roll out the dough to half-inch thickness. Using a 3 to 3 to 3.5-inch cookie cutter cut into 12 donuts.
- If you can’t fit 12, roll up the cutouts again and cut more. You can able to line one or two baking sheets with parchment paper or a silicone mat. Put donuts and donut holes in each one
- Cover loosely and let it sit while you heat the oil. They will get up for a while resting place a cooling rack on another baking sheet. Pour the oil into a large heavy-duty saucepan over medium heat.
- Heat the oil to 375°F. Add 2-3 donuts with a metal spatula or metal skimmer. Wear oven mitts if oil splashes
- Place the fried homemade donuts on the prepared grill. Repeat with the other donuts, then turn off the heat
- Make the frosting mix all the ingredients for the frosting
- Making sure to coat both sides well. Return to the prepared grill as excess gaze drains off. After about 20 minutes, two frostings will set and harden. Donuts are the best on the same day. You can store it in an airtight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for 1to 2 more days.
Frosted Homemade Donuts
We can make frosted homemade donuts in many ways. They are vanilla frosted homemade donuts, chocolate frosted homemade donuts, strawberry frosted homemade donuts.
All three frostings take about five minutes to make. The melted butter gives the chocolate-vanilla frosting a wonderful flavor. The melted butter solidifies after a few minutes and helps the frosting set on the donuts for the iconic donut frosting look and taste.
Strawberry frosting is more like frosting. But if you double or triple the donuts, you’ll get a nice thick layer of strawberries. You need fresh strawberries. You need fresh strawberry puree, powdered, sugar, vanilla, extract, and strawberry jam. And jam to give more flavor to strawberries. It also helps mask some of the flavors of the confectioner’s sugar.
For chocolate, you can use milk, semisweet, or dark chocolate chips. I like to use dark chocolate chips. I like to use dark chocolate chips for a deeper flavor. You also need butter, corn syrup to add shine, and a little water
- 5 large strawberries
- 210g confection’s sugar
- One tablespoon strawberry jam or preserves
- Half teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 43g unsalted butter
- 180g confection’s sugar
- One teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 45ml milk
- 135g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 30g unsalted butter
- One tablespoon light corn syrup
Prepare the donuts according to the recipe and instructions,
Set the hot fried donuts aside while you prepare the frosting. Strawberries in a food processor. Combine puree, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, and strawberry jam in a medium bowl. Dig the donuts 2-3times in the strawberry glaze then top with sprinkles.
Whisk together melted butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract,2 tablespoons of milk, salt, and salt in a medium bowl. If desired add one tablespoon of remaining milk to dilute. Donuts are easier to dip if the frosting is thinner dip the homemade donuts in the vanilla frosting, then top them with sprinkles.
First of all, you should place the chocolate chips, butter, corn syrup, and water in a medium bowl. Melt in 20-second increments in the microwave, stirring each time, until completely melted and smooth. Dip the donuts in the chocolate glaze and top with the sprinkles.
Follow Our Facebook Page – Click Here
Join Our Facebook Group – Click Here
Go and check my other articles – Click Here